Sometimes in order to demonstrate an issue that takes multiple steps to demonstrate, a video can be helpful. You can record what is sometimes called a screencast and share it with us in a support ticket. Our ticketing system does not allow for video file extensions, though you may compress it with Gzip or Zip formats. You are limited to 50 MB per file upload, compressed or otherwise. Alternatively, you can share the video file securely with us on your own instance hosted with us.
- On a Mac, run Quicktime and click File, then New Screen Recording, and you can select the area to record.
- Windows comes with a screen recording utility.
- Linux has a number of utilities that can record your screen.
- A Chrome extension called Screenity will record your actions and even let you add annotations.
- Monosnap has a free tier for video uploads that can be shared.
- Techsmith Screencast has a free tier for video uploads that can be shared.
If it's network issues you want to demonstrate, you can generate a HAR file for us to play back.