New Relic Application Performance Monitoring (APM) is a web application performance management tool that lets development and IT teams monitor live applications, troubleshoot issues, and tune for optimal performance. You can use New Relic on the Drupal back end and Node.js front end of your decoupled application. Instructions on how to configure New Relic monitoring for your Drupal application can be found here.
Instructions on how to configure New Relic monitoring for your Node.js application:
Obtain your New Relic license key
- Sign in to your New Relic account.
- From the account dropdown in the New Relic UI, select Account settings.
- From the Account information section on the right side of the Summary page, copy your license key.
Install the New Relic Node.js agent
- Use the command
npm install newrelic --savefor the application you want to monitor. New Relic libraries will be added to the node_modules directory and added as a dependency in the package.json file.
- From the newly downloaded
newrelic.jsinto the root directory of your app.
- On line 12 of
newrelic.js, replace "My Application" with your application name. This is the name that will show up in your list of monitored apps in your New Relic dashboard.
- On line 16, replace "license key here" with your New Relic license key
- Commit the
newrelic.jsfiles to your repository
- Trigger a pipelines job via creating or reopening pull requests, pushing commits, pushing tags, or manually via the Acquia Cloud Interface
- Deploy the build artifact to an environment in Acquia Cloud
- Generate some traffic then wait a few minutes for the data to appear in your New Relic APM UI.