Acquia Cloud Enterprise customers with both an Elite subscription and an Acquia Technical Account Manager, can take advantage of our TLS based add on package for log forwarding described in https://docs.acquia.com/acquia-cloud/monitor/logs/forwarding/
All logs are forwarded using Acquia uses
syslog-ng, which uses TLS over TCP, and log forwarding is supported for remote destinations that support a generic Syslog destination.
See https://docs.acquia.com/acquia-cloud/monitor/logs/forwarding/ for specific technical details.
But why would you want to forward your logs to an external source?
In short, with web server log analysis you can:
- get insight into traffic patterns, and better understand patterns of errors that may be occuring.
- this can often be done with a visual display, which makes it easier to detect trends, especially when there are large numbers of requests, or you have a large multi-site
- by tracking errors in relation to site development work, it's quicker to catch bugs, and other glitches that may have slipped through your testing and quality assurance process
- with log forwarding you can develop a permanent repository of log data over time
Setting up an endpoint for log forwarding is out of scope for Acquia Customer Success teams, but if you're curious and want to learn more, check out the following:
- Splunk Enterprise https://www.splunk.com/en_us/software/splunk-enterprise.html
Drupal and Open Source References: