I would like certain members on my team to be automatically included on Support tickets.
The Acquia Support Team uses a ticketing system in order to ensure good communication and proper workflow on various issues we handle. There are times, however, when the three pre-defined roles on the Acquia platform do not conform to the technical support needs of a business team.
It is extremely beneficial to include the various technical points of contact in a support ticket without having to manually CC that particular person.
This article demonstrates how to create a custom role as well as how to edit an existing role to automatically include all members of a team necessary on Support Tickets.
Creating a Custom 'Support Ticket' Only Role
Only users with the Owner or Administrator role can create a new role.
- Click the down arrow next to the [Create Team] button, and select Add Role.
- Enter a name for your role. We suggest naming this role “Support Ticket”.
- Enter a short description of the primary purpose of this role.
- You can now add the permission "Include as a collaborator on all tickets by default", which will be shown below.
- Add this role to your team members that require access to Support Tickets.
Editing an Existing Role
- Sign in to the Acquia platform as a either the Owner or Administrator, and then click [Teams].
- Select the team for which you want to modify by clicking that team’s name.
- Click the down arrow next to [Add Member], and select [Manage Roles]
- On the Subscription > Roles page, you can view the roles already defined for your subscription and the number of members associated with each one.
- Click [Edit] to modify a role.
- On the [Edit Roles] page, you can do the following
- Change the role name and description.
- View all the permissions that have been or could be assigned to the role.
- Select or clear the permissions available to users who are assigned this role. For more information, see About permissions.
The permission we need to include can be found under the [Support] section.
Click the Include as a collaborator on all tickets by default permission to add it.