Personalized slot is not visible in Experience Builder on the following x and y pages.
To identify whether Slot "A" was actually defined for a particular page, perform the following steps:
- Navigate to the page in question and open up the browser "inspector" tool.
- Navigate to the Network tab and reload Experience Builder, if you have it open in administrative mode. Make sure your Network tab is filtered to
- Look for a
slots?account_id=...GETrequest. There will be an
- Click on the
GETrequest, and click
Previewwhich will display a list of slots. This list is what is being returned by the Lift API.
We are working on more extensive product documentation on how to use various tools to query the Lift API to get a list of all slots created on a site.
- Set up Postman for Decision API following the documentation in Github: https://github.com/acquia/http-hmac-postman .
- Set up the Postman call for the slots endpoint of Decision API: http://docs.lift.acquia.com/decision/. Here is an example of a slot API endpoint:
- Add parameters of what slots you want to locate, example by site.
Once you have determined, the original page that a slot was defined on, go ahead and add/define the other page paths that the slot should appear on via the Configure tab, and add the page paths to the Slot Pages field as explained in Creating slots in Experience Builder.
The "missing" slot was not actually defined on the pages previously assumed.