If you are planning to use Solr 7 and want to create search cores for each of your site then follow these instructions.
You can create each of the Solr indexes needed by using the Acquia Cloud UI:
- Log into the Cloud UI at cloud.acquia.com
- Navigate to one of your applications.
- Select an environment, and then follow for the "Search (Solr 7)" option on the left-side navigation.
This should show you the options to create and manage your Solr 7 search indexes as shown below.
If you see a message informing you about permissions, then have your organization's Team Administrator assign you a role that has the "Acquia Search with Solr 7" permission.
Select the database for which you want to create the index.
Choose which default Solr configset to apply based on your version of Drupal, or apply a custom configset through the Configuration Set option.
- Drupal 8 or 9: Select the (Latest) Drupal 8 / 9 - Search API Solr 4.2.0 - Solr 7 - [drupal-4.2.0-solr-7.x-0] configset
- Drupal 7: Select the (Latest) Drupal 7 - Search API Solr 4.4 - Solr 7 - [drupal-4.4-solr-7.x] configset
These are the default Solr configsets meant for single-language sites and optimized for English. If support for other languages or Solr configurations is needed, apply a custom configset.
Select Add to create the index.
It may take Acquia Search several minutes to create the index for you.