You can deploy custom Solr Configuration File Sets (or "configsets") into your Acquia-hosted Solr 7 instances. An example scenario would be if you wanted to specify a list of synonyms and stopwords to Solr, or to configure Solr for various languages, and/or to tweak some other options around how indexing and searching works in Solr.
Usually, creating these configsets would require manual editing of XML and TXT Solr configuration files. However, if you are using the latest Search API Solr module, you can also use the Drupal UI to edit some settings and then have Drupal generate all the needed files for you.
- Log into your Drupal site as an an administrator.
- Go to Admin > Configuration > Search > Search API and click on the Server you are editing.
- Go to the "Custom Field Types" tab, and add your changes to the relevant field(s).
- To generate the full set of Solr configuration files, click the "Get config.zip" button on that page.
Note: This zip file will contain all needed Solr configsets which include all your manual changes.
- Go into your cloud UI, select the desired environment, and in the left-hand menu, find search > Solr 7.
- Click on the first drop down menu: Custom config set.
- Upload the zip file.
We recommend testing your changes on a local Solr instance, to ensure your site behaves as intended.
Please note: In order to deploy the Solr 7 configurations, the zip file must contain all the files, not just the ones that were edited. If you downloaded the zip file from the Drupal UI as described above, you are good to go!
As always, if you have any questions, Create a Support ticket.